Town of Lyons sends this message with a stern and positive attitude and an understanding heart:
- On all accounts, this is a major Disaster for our Town and it will take a very long time for us to get back to normal.
- State and Federal Agencies are continuing Search and Rescue efforts today and will likely move to the next phase soon.
- National Guard and Military Police are securing our neighborhoods and entry points.
- Town and Fire Department have been assigned to local issues.
- EVERYONE is asked to stay OUT of town until further notice.
- If you are self-sufficient you may stay but if you LEAVE you may NOT come back – meaning no commuting or shopping for supplies.
- The time we can return for a brief period is indefinite, but they are working on it and we will have information as soon as possible. Town Hall has been moved to the Elementary School and communications are slowly being reestablished.
- Every effort is being made to get the Town’s website up and running and important updates posted.
- Many will be eligible for financial help through FEMA and Insurance companies. Please go to FEMA.gov and register. You will get information on this site.
- Please, Please, Please – DO NOT COME TO TOWN for ANY reason. It is DANGEROUS, there are no resources, there are no utilities.
- The BEST WAY WE CAN HELP OUR TOWN AT THIS TIME IS TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES, TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER, FIND TEMPORARY HOUSING, AND STAY OUT OF THE TOWN AND OFF ALL OF OUR ROADS. THERE’S NO TIME or RESOURCES FOR ADDITIONAL EMERGENCIES AND RESCUES.
- Soon there will be ONE source to go to for ACCURATE updates about our town. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
Last Updated on Tuesday, September 17 2013 11:07